About the Job
Perform skilled duties
in service, repair, diagnosis and installation of
refrigeration, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, exhaust systems and
ice machines.Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment.
·Inspect, repair, modify
and install refrigeration and HVAC equipment including compressors,
condensers, expansion valves, capillary tubes, evaporators, controls and
other related refrigeration components.
preventive maintenance inspections of refrigeration and air conditioning
equipment and make necessary adjustments or repairs.
·Repair or replace
defective parts in units and equipment and their controls. Including thermostats, expansion
valves, fan controls, relays, filters, belts, compressors, heat exchangers,
high limit controls and pressure controls.
·Operate a welder
torch, hand and power tools, vacuum pump, volt meter,gauges and maintain
equipment in effective and safe working condition; maintain parts and tool
·Repair and rebuild
semi-hermetic reciprocating compressors.
·Install copper tubing
and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of
refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings,valves,
controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary.
records concerning time, labor and materials; maintain log of tasks performed
and write reports as required.
·Perform other duties as
attendance, demonstrate good driving habits, show good work vehicle maintenance
abilities and have a clean DMV record.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
·Standard practices of
the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
·Theory of HVAC and
·Materials, methods and
tools used in the operation and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems.
codes, ordinances and regulations of State and local authorities pertaining to
HVAC, refrigeration and boilers.
·Manual and electrical
tools and equipment applicable to the HVAC and refrigeration trade.
·Health and safety
·Proper methods of
storing equipment, materials and supplies.
general understanding of electrical.
·Diagnose defects, install,
repair and maintain refrigeration, heating, ventilating, and
machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair,installation and
maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
both orally and in writing.
·Understand and follow
oral and written directions.
·Work cooperatively with
·Work independently with
·Meet schedules and time
records and prepare reports.
objects weighing up to 70 pounds.
·Lift heavy objects.
·Work is performed while
standing, sitting and/or walking.
ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
·Requires the use
of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in
temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
·EPA Certification registered with the State of TX
·Two years of documentable HVAC journeyman level
operation, maintenance and repair experience in the HVAC and refrigeration
HVAC Lead installer
He is expected to perform semi-skilled as well
as skilled work in the operation, repair of the following systems: heating,
refrigerating, ventilating and air conditioning. Add to that the maintenance of
- The ability to perform journeyman level HVAC equipment repairs, installations, and maintenance within UMC Codes-have own tools
- The ability to inspect major systems and identify operating problems; perform complex troubleshooting and repairs;
- Manage HEPA filter maintenance and required documentation;
- Fulfill the requirements for CFC certification and maintain site records for refrigerant recovery;
- Working independently performs complex duties of a more specialized nature, frequently requiring independent analysis and decision-making.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs.
- Expected to implement standard trade practices consistent with HVAC industry requirements.
- Often responsible for operations, inspections and repair of equipment and systems, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Expected to perform all duties in accordance with company and site safety standards.
- Plan, coordinate and complete, using section’s staff and/or outside contractors, new installations including alterations and modifications to existing infrastructure.
- Implement programs, policies, and procedures to improve operations, streamline work processes, and increase quality of HVAC/Controls task performance, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide seamless customer service by diagnosing operational problems and recommending corrective actions.
- Willingly perform other duties as directed by the section’s supervisor.
- Dependable and on time
HVAC Service Installer
2-3 yrs. exp, attic work, immediate opening, clean driving record